Saturday, September 28, 2013

This weeks long run will be held in...Phoenix???

After 3 weeks of long runs in other states, I am back home.  Today Peggy and I ran 16 miles through downtown Phoenix.

Bridle Path in central Phoenix; felt like we were
running in some gentrified southern city.

Today's mantra was: THE FASTER YOU RUN, THE SOONER YOU GET TO EAT PANCAKES!



We were starving for half the run!  By the time we got our pancakes we were downright giddy.  I am sure our server (and the people at the next table) thought we were nuts.  Nothing tastes better than a meal you earned!  A good workout followed by a good breakfast is at the top of my list of the best things in life!

About 6 miles into our run I started daydreaming about the Ironman marathon, something I am extremely prone to on my runs lately.  I was imagining encouraging other runners, and seeing my friends and family, and keeping a smile on my face, then eventually getting to the finish line chute...then I looked down at my watch, then looked back at Peggy...and she was way behind me!  I had inadvertently sped up during my daydream!  If just thinking about it makes me go faster, imagine what kind of energy it will give me to actually be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment