Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Viva Las Vegas


On Saturday I flew to Las Vegas to meet up with a friend from North Dakota who was there for a conference.  I had planned to do a swim and trainer ride in the morning before my flight, but then the flights filled up, and since my flight benefits are stand-by, I had to take an earlier flight.  So I arrived in Vegas rather cranky, not having gotten in my training.  Worse yet, my roommate Peggy had flown in the night before and had a great run that morning, and we kept passing people in running clothes which made me jealous.

I forced myself to be a grown up and be flexible and get over my missed workout and I did really enjoy my day with friends.  But the next morning Peggy and I had a great 6 mile run down the strip, while most people were sleeping off their hangovers.  The streets were mostly empty, with our only company being other runners or people who had not yet gone to be from the night before.  We showered and then had an awesome breakfast (which I earned) and when we passed other people in workout clothes I had no reason to be jealous!

No comments:

Post a Comment