Friday, November 15, 2013

Checking in...

I am finally one of the people walking around with the Ironman backpacks!



Today I went back to the Ironman venue to officially check in.  All athletes MUST check in by 5 pm today, or they do not get to participate in the race!























Tomorrow I have to check in my bike and transition gear bags by 3 pm, and there is a practice swim from 9-11 am.  At check in I got my official swim cap that I have to wear for the race (PINK IS FOR GIRLS!)


There were all sorts of booths selling things at the expo, which is lucky for me because, naturally, less than 48 hours before the race, after testing clothing options for weeks (as discussed previously) I have yet to find a hat for the run!  Fortunately, Newton Running had many great options!  What they didn't have was a mirror!  So I made Karin take pictures of each option so I could decide!

Option #1 - Visor

Option #2 - Hat

Option #3 - Headband
Guess which one I chose?  Ha!  You will have to tune in for pictures of the race in my post-RACE REPORT to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment