Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Training in...snow???


After a day of training in Wisconsin

This time of year, when I am crisscrossing the country visiting family (Seattle last week, Minnesota now) I am very glad that running shoes are so portable!  I didn't get in any workouts during my two days in Seattle.  I was there to babysit my niece and nephew while my sister and her husband went away for the night for their anniversary, so, as the temporary primary caregiver, I didn't have any time to myself for a run.

I was too busy supervising gingerbread house construction in Seattle to get in a run.

This week we are in Wisconsin and Minnesota visiting Karin's family.  This morning I managed to get in a 10 mile run.  Running in snow and the weather that goes along with it is fairly foreign to me.  My overall pace was definitely affected by the fancy footwork required to navigate the patches of ice!  But it is always fun to run in new surroundings, and the 10 miles went by fast (To be clear: mentally they passed quickly; pace-wise it was a Long Slow Distance run for sure.).

Tomorrow it is back home to Arizona for a while, where I will enjoy the ideal outdoor-training weather I waited all summer for!









No comments:

Post a Comment