Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Oh No! Another Wednesday is upon us!

Tomorrow is Wednesday.  Last Wednesday I crashed a bike and split my lip.  The Wednesday before that I face planted while trail running.  I hope this Wednesday will be kinder!  Perhaps I should just go for a swim...

I took 2 rest days after the Tour de Palm Springs, then today I ran 9 1/2 miles.  It is my last "long run" during my "taper" before the marathon this Sunday.  Those words are in quotes because I haven't really done the "long runs" I should for "real" marathon "training."  And is it really a "taper" if you are "tapering" from not "really" training?  And am I just putting "things" in quotes now just for the "heck" of it?  "Yes."

After the marathon, and subsequent recovery, I will be adding more speed work to my weekly running.  Usually my training runs include a tempo run and repeats or intervals each week, in addition to a long run.  But I was so worried about getting in the mileage for the marathon that my speed workouts have fallen by the wayside.  I feel slow.  So I am looking forward to getting back to pushing myself on shorter runs.

I got my stitches out yesterday morning, and tomorrow will be my first day back in the pool.  As my dad said, "You fell on your face running, you fell on your face biking...in swimming you can't really fall on your face; you just drown.  So please be careful."

No comments:

Post a Comment