Monday, June 3, 2013

THE PERFECT WEEK!

Got on the trainer and looked through the TV on-screen guide and guess what was on??
Professional cycling!  It was awesome to watch a bike race while I was riding to nowhere!
It was very motivating.  (But I do wonder, aside from cyclists on indoor trainers--WHO watches pro cycling?!)


Well, I finally did it.  I finally had...A PERFECT TRAINING WEEK!  Actually it was just an all-around perfect week.  I had 2 days of quality time with Karin, including a very successful home improvement project; I worked 48 hours at the airport; I got in all of my training workouts--a total of about 10 1/2 hours of training; and I even managed to buy and prepare healthy food for most of the week and clean the bathroom!  Boy am I tired!

Karin and I had a great couple of days of quality time, painting our counters and hanging out, at which time I informed her to enjoy those 2 days because she pretty much wouldn't see me again for the rest of the week.

Yesterday Morning I was missing one workout in each discipline to complete my "perfect week" of training.  I generally do 2 sports a day in training, but on Monday I only did my long swim and a very minimal strength circuit, which put me a little behind.  But I was so close to a perfect week; so yesterday I did...EVERYTHING.  I did a full-body strength session, a run, a swim and a bike!  When all was said and done my week looked like this:

MONDAY: 47 minute swim
                  10 minute (kettlebell) strength circuit
TUESDAY: 30 min. swim
                  1 hr 10 min trainer ride (with intervals)
WEDNESDAY: 9 mile run
THURSDAY: 45 min. Full-body strength session
                     25 min. swim
                     45 min. trainer ride
FRIDAY: 36 mile ride
                 2 mile transition run
SATURDAY: "Rest Day" (aka 16 hour workday)
SUNDAY: 45 min. full-body strength session
                30 min. run (w/ intervals)
                17 minute swim (drills/technique focused)
                30 minute trainer ride

Total workouts: SWIM  4
                        BIKE   4
                        RUN   2.5 (I count short transition runs as 0,5)
                        STRENGTH  2.5 (10 min circuit=0.5)

Total workout hours:  10.5

That is what a "perfect" week looks like.  It has not happened before and it will likely not happen again.  Because I am so tired!  I was barely functional on my 16 hour workshift.  I averaged 5-6 hours of sleep a night.  So although there will hopefully be many more perfect training weeks in my future, I doubt there will be another one during which I work and train and home improve so much in one week!

One thing I absolutely did not accomplish this week was laundry.  I did not wash a single scrap of clothing (except for hand washing my swimsuits), and yet my many work uniforms and workout clothes continued to appear, clean and ready for their next use!  Thank goodness I have Karin!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment