Monday, January 21, 2013

Workouts!

Just finished a 32 mile ride!  Actually it was a hell of a workout.  I rode 6 miles to the gym where I met my friend and did a 40-minute full body strength workout.  Then I rode a 20 mile hilly course from the gym, then 6 miles home from the gym.  Riding a hilly course immediately after doing a couple hundred squats and lunges was pretty brutal, but now I feel strong and I get to eat pizza!  The ride was abysmally slow.  I know I didn't used to be this slow.  But that was a couple of years ago when I was riding 5 days a week.  So hopefully if I just keep riding I will get faster.  That is how it works, right?

Yesterday I swam for an hour, including a butt-load of drills.  It turns out that if you do multiple long sets of just pulls, or just kicks, when you put it all back together and use your whole body you feel like a superhero!



No comments:

Post a Comment