Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A LEISURELY Ride


Today Karin and I rode our bikes to a Spring Training game at Tempe Diablo Stadium, about 10 miles from our house.  Since it was supposed to be a fun easy ride we road our commuter bikes.  For about 4 years my commuter bike was basically my car, but since I got my road bike, it has been probably close to a year since I rode it.  Boy was it nice to be back on that bike!  I wasn't even scared!  It is so different from my road bike--big comfy padded saddle, fat tires, upright handlebars, fenders, rack.  My road bike weighs about 22 pounds.  My commuter weighs about 40!  It was just so fun to ride on a bike that felt stable, at a lower speed than on the road bike, sitting up high in an upright position, in regular clothes and sandals.  No pressure, no "training"; just fun.


My road bike


My "car"; the commuter


I wonder if I could ride a 40 lb. bike with 26 in. fat tires for 112 miles within the 10.5 hour cutoff time and still be able to run a marathon...

No comments:

Post a Comment