Friday, March 1, 2013

Short and Sweet

Yesterday I did a short workout wherein I attempted to cram in as many benefits as possible in 25 minutes.  I did a circuit of exercises including kettlebell swings, planks, and some plyometric moves.  Ideally I would do a similar circuit at least twice a week, but it would be in addition to a swim, bike or run workout on the same day.  But yesterday after work I decided the best use of my time would be to watch some Netflix with Karin on a rare evening when we have the house to ourselves (we have 2 roommates).  We always make plans to watch a movie or documentary after we do everything else, including workouts, and by then we are too tired!  So yesterday we finally watched a movie we have been wanting to see for, literally, about 2 years.  Then we watched an awesome documentary called Ride the Divide, about a fairly unknown mountain bike race from Canada to Mexico along the Continental Divide.  Then by that time I didn't want to go to the gym for a long workout that would take me away from home for over an hour and a half, so I just did the cram-it-all-in circuit in the living room.  

Here are some of the exercises I did:
(That is not me in the pictures.)



Kettlebell Swing



Burpees



Froggy Jumps



Plyo Lunge

As far as super short workouts go, this one is very effective.  It builds strength and power, while also really working your core and getting your heart rate up.

No comments:

Post a Comment